So, we have been reducing our eating out over the past few months as we have chosen to spend money for things we truly care for. However, this doesn’t mean that we are going to renounce to amazing meals! We have reached a very good result now and we love our home made product, made with fresh and premium ingredients..but cheaper than eating out. Okay so..here what you need to do, this recipe is with yeast and will be fine for 2 people.
- In a bowl mix 350 gr of high grade flour, or a mix of high grade and standard flour (High grade min 50%)
- Add 190 gr of water, stir quickly, cover the bowl with tea towel and let the mix rest 30 minutes.
- In the meantime add 40 gr of water in a smaller bowl and melt 6 grams of dried yeast in it.
- After the 30 minutes add 3 gr of salt and a couple of spoons of olive oil to your bowl, mix with your hands so that the salt gets mixed and add the water with the yeast in it.
- Now mix it all together with your hand making clockwise movement. When the dough starts to come together in a ball fold it on itself a couple of times, shape the bowl and let it rest covered for 45 minutes
- After 45 minutes fold it again on itself for 3 times, perfect the ball shape and let everything raise -covered- for 5-6 more hours
- At this point, you can put some flour on the counter,cut half of the dough, reshape your ball and kneed it in a circular shape. Don’t stretch the dough, you don’t want to ruin the gluten you have been building, press from the centre to the board.
- Once you have the shape you can dress it as per your preference and cook it at 200° static oven. repeat the procedure with the other dough.